SSHD - Emerging Scholars Committee
The SSHD Emerging Scholars (ES) committee consists of students, post-docs, and early career faculty who are interested in working to provide career development and networking opportunities for all emerging scholars in SSHD. This includes proposing, developing, and implementing programs, activities, and events in collaboration with other SSHD committees (e.g., Steering, Activities, Conference Planning). Recent examples include the Emerging Scholars Dinner held regularly at the biennial SSHD conference, and career development webinars organized by the Activities Committee.
Interested in joining the committee? The ES Committee welcomes nominations of exceptional graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and early career faculty from around the world to join the committee who will represent the next cohort of multidisciplinary life-span researchers. The Emerging Scholars Committee is committed to supporting diversity in the life span developmental / life course research community, and particularly encourages individuals from under-represented groups to inquire about joining. Please direct any questions to the current chair of the committee, Noah Webster via email at email@example.com.
- Chair (2021-2023) - Jen Agans, Ph.D.,Assistant Professor in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management, Penn State University Park, Pennsylvania State University
- Jen Agans, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management, Penn State University Park, Pennsylvania State University
- Barrett Scroggs, Ph.D., Faculty in Human Development and Family Studies, Penn State Mont Alto.
- Kathy Sias, Ph.D. Candidate, Florida International University
- Shelbie Turner, MPH, Ph.D. Candidate in Human Development and Family Sciences at Oregon State University
- Deepti Gupta, Doctoral Student in Human Development and Childhood Studies, University of Delhi
- Kingsley Schroeder, Faculty in Psychology, Springfield College
- Milira Cox, Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Family Science and Human Development, Montclair State University
- Junghee Yoon, Postdoctoral Researcher in Human Development and Family Studies, Michigan State University
- Aura Ankita Mishra, Postdoctoral Scholar at the Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina